When organizing a trip with your pet that requires air travel, ensuring a satisfied and protected flying encounter for four-legged flier is your top priority. You’ve spent ample time researching the most pet friendly hotels that will best suit your furry companion, but you are concerned about their comfort and safety through the whole process of flying. According to the American Animal Hospital Association, about 76 million cats and dogs travel with their owners every year and airports are starting to take notice.
The following airports have produced the most strides in pet travel by opening up designated regions for animals to take a potty break, get water, and stretch their legs. If your route includes any of these stops, these pet locations give a excellent way to comfort and reconnect with your pet as soon as you get to your location or while waiting for a connecting flight.
1. Atlanta: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) We blogged about the grand opening of Hartsfield-Jackson’s off-leash dog park last month and we absolutely had to contain it in our list. The 1,000-square-foot fully-fenced Poochie Park includes flowers, grass, rocks, and benches to set the scene for dogs to sniff about, get a bit of physical exercise, and do their company. Becoming the world’s busiest airport, it has observed its fair share of pets pass via and wanted to better cater to their 4-legged passengers.
2. Houston: George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) Not only does George Bush Intercontinental have four designated pet regions, it also delivers the only onsite kennel managed by an airline (Continental Airlines) in the United States. The kennel delivers 1,one hundred square feet of space for runs and physical exercise pens, day kenneling, overnight kenneling, and grooming.
3. Philadelphia: Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) The PHL has 7 (count ’em, seven) pet relief locations that incorporate a mulch surface, a bench, and a faux fire hydrant. Every fenced-in location ranges from 250 to 600 square feet and also contains a pet waste bag dispenser and trash can.
4. Phoenix: Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) The Pet Patch, the Paw Pad, and the Bone Yard are Sky Harbor’s three designated pet-friendly zones. These regions give a spot for pets to get relief, wander and sniff, as well as drink fresh water. Mitts for clean up are supplied.
5. St. Louis: Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL) Fire hydrants are just a single of the options at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport’s two outdoor pet rest areas. Animals are allowed to play off-leash in the 400 square foot gated spaces and also include things like park benches, trash cans, and plastic mitts for cleanup.
six. Reno: Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RTIA) The “Bark Park” at the Reno-Tahoe International Airport was created to make pet travel much more convenient. It gives a restroom, fresh drinking water, and “Mutt Mitts” all below a canopy to guard travelers and their pets from the weather.
7. San Francisco: San Francisco International Airport (SFO) San Francisco International Airport delivers two pet travel relief regions that are landscaped and totally fenced. They come equipped with drinking water, bowls, and garbage regions with “mutt mitt” dispensers. The areas are out there to passengers and their pets 24 hours a day.
eight. Los Angeles: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) LAX boasts two locations to make everyone’s pet travel companions a bit additional comfy. The Pet Park comes equipped with a dog home, plastic bags, and a trash can. There is yet another pet rest region for comfort, while pets ought to be on a leash.
9. 貓移民 : Honolulu International Airport (HNL) Travelers’ beloved companions get to “paws” in paradise at Honolulu International Airport’s fenced-in, grassy region below palm trees. Fresh water, plastic bags, and trash cans are out there for service dogs, pets in transit, and working airport animals.
10. Denver: Denver International Airport (DIA) Denver International has opened an exercising area where pets can walk around and relieve themselves just after a lengthy flight. The space is enclosed and wheelchair accessible.
It really is superb to see airports taking a page from pet friendly hotels and finding strategies to make pet travel much less worrisome and considerably extra welcoming for both pets and their folks. This trend is bound to continue, so check in with the airports you will be traveling to and ask about their pet services.