Q1. What is community deal with?
Response: We can see network and host addresses in two methods:
1) Network-ID and Host-ID
An IP tackle is produced of two components, the still left part is community ID, the right part is host ID.
For example, in one hundred.three.four.5, if a hundred is a community ID, then three.4.5 is a host ID. If one hundred.three is community ID, then four.5 is a host ID.
2) Community-deal with and host-address. Let’s seem at two examples:
IP-handle Network-ID Host-ID Network-handle Host-tackle Mask
a hundred.4.5.6/8 one hundred 4.five.six one hundred… one hundred.four.5.six /8
150.one.2.3/sixteen one hundred fifty.one 2.3 one hundred fifty.one.. 150.one.2.three /sixteen
Observe: Network mask is presented as /m the place m is a two-digit decimal quantity between 8~31.
Be aware: IP, community, and host addresses are usually offered with masks.
Q2. What is mask?
Reply. IP makes use of community mask to break up a 32-bit IP-address into network-ID and host-ID. Network-handle is produced of network-ID bits on the still left and bits on the correct.
For case in point, for a hundred and fifty.one.two.3/sixteen, sixteen is the community mask, 150.one is network-ID, a hundred and fifty.1../16 is community-address, 2.three is host-ID, one hundred fifty.1.two.3/16 is host-address. whatismypublicipaddress.com -address is utilized by routers to ahead packets. Host tackle is used to distinguish hosts in the identical community.
Q3. Why network addresses?
Solution: When numbers are way too many, we use hierarchical construction to manage them. For instance, phone number are structured as.
For instance, 086.021.1234.5678 is a number in China, Shanghais. The voice message is switched by nation code, metropolis code, and prefix. Structured phone figures are considerably less difficult to change than flat ten-digit telephone numbers.
World wide web faces a similar circumstance. There are virtually four.two billion addresses (IP has 32 bits. or two^32 personal addresses.) Routers use routing tables to foreword packets. Naturally, it’s considerably less difficult for router to manage structured addresses than four billion flat kinds.
IP’s solution is to use community-addresses to forward packets, not person ones. Community mask breaks an deal with into a community-ID and a host-ID. Routing tables use network addresses, not IP addresses.
– one hundred…/eight network has sixteen,777,216 addresses. In a routing table, (100…/8, following hop interface) claims: forward packets with the identical spot community to the identical following hop interface.
– 150.one../sixteen community has sixty five,536 addresses. In a routing table, (150.one../sixteen, subsequent hop interface) requires care of forwarding 65,536 individual addresses in one hundred fifty.one../sixteen community.
– one hundred fifty.one../16 network has sixty five,536 IP addresses. In a routing desk, (a hundred and fifty.1../sixteen, following hop interface) requires care of forwarding 65,536 individual tackle in one hundred fifty.one../sixteen network.
– 222.111.44./24 has 256 IP addresses. In a routing desk, (222.111.forty four./24, next hop interface) forwards 256 IP addresses in 222.111.44. network to the next hop interface.
Q4. How current mask in decimal?
Answer. Current mask the very same way as IP address. For illustration.
/8 is presented as 255….
/16 is introduced as 255.255…
/24 is offered as 255.255.255.
Q5. Why mask duration is several of 8 but?
Reply: There are two sort of IP addressing techniques: classful and classless. What we’ve talked so considerably is classful. Classless IP tackle can use mask of any size. See next tutorials for specifics.
This article is the FAQ of an interactive animation. You can enjoy this animation outlined under Exterior links.