Earlier, we were using use and throw plastic or polythene bags for our day to day purchases like the grocery shopping. However, now that we have all realized our mistake of overusing plastic, we are all shifting to other alternatives that are ecofriendly.
A paper bag that is use and throw might not harm our soil or water bodies or animals as they are easily decomposed, but they are not essentially ecofriendly as they are not reusable. So, it is best to use reusable bags.
While looking for reusable grocery bags wholesale you might want to check out the company Custom Earth Promos. They specialize in manufacturing reusable bags, water bottles, face masks among other give away goodies for other companies and you can add your company’s logo and name to customize it.
The best thing about Custom Earth Promos is that they use natural raw material for bags or recycled material for example recycled plastic from use and throw water bottles etc. We could call that they are a marketing company with a cause. Their product range always reflects their policy of eco friendliness and a step towards greener and clearer earth.
Difference between cotton and canvas tote bags
Canvas and cotton are the two most common materials that are used to make reusable bags. These are again the two materials that are commonly used interchangeably and are misunderstood that they are almost of the same material.
However, they are not really the same. The following are the differences between them:
- The cotton and canvas differ in thickness. This is the first and the most important difference between the two of them.
- The canvas is a slightly thicker type of cotton. When the thickness of the cotton is more than 8 ounces, then it is called canvas.
- The canvas fabric differs in thickness and range from 8 ounces to 14 ounces, but the most common thickness is 10 ounces.
- The yarn that is used to weave cotton and canvas are the same, but their difference in thickness results out of the warp and weft yarns.
- Usually, the warp and weft yarns are double stranded or even of more than two strands in a canvas fabric.
- When we look at the texture of the two fabrics, you will be able to easily identify the difference between the two.
- The cotton fabric will be finer and soft to touch whereas the canvas fabric will be more coarse, rough to touch, thick and will have a unique texture to it.
- The weave of the two fabrics also differ from each other. The cotton is always woven using a plain weave.
- Cotton is very rarely knitted using the twill weave.
Owing to these differences, it is very much possible to easily differentiate the two fabric at the time of purchasing a reusable cotton bag. You can choose whatever you want, either a cotton or a canvas, based on your purpose and their characteristics.